Donations to Discovery

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Securing Alternative Means of Transportation

From Epic Mountain Sports!!!


Nice Shop!!!


Brought my Shimano PD-M324 pedals with so I could use by Pearl Ozumi Cycling Shoes...


Margaret at Epic Mountain made short work of installing the pedals on a Jamis 27-1/2 24 spd Mountain Bike that I rented for just $15 a day.... that is an unheard of price on a rental!!!

Just a little over $100 for the whole week!


And here's the rest of the accessories.... Bike light....Lifeproof Phone Holder Bracket, Polar Water Bottle, Tube Mounted Pump and my Bike Helmet from home with Petzl Tikka Light on front and red flashing strobe on the back....

Hey... You ain't dealing with no round the block amateur here.... I've put some miles on a bike and I know how I like a bike to be set up.


And there she is in front of the Winter Park Visitor's Center....


Nice shot down 40 at a Community Park.


and to the South...


Back in the hotel room and Fully equipped and ready to go...

Gonna give myself overnight to continue to acclimate and then hit the Bike Paths and Mountain Bike Trails hard in the morning...

This is one of the reasons I had so much stuff.... I brought everything on and under this bike from LJT!!!

But hey if you wanna do it right... you gotta have the right equipment!!


Speaking of equipment... I'm gonna get a shower and shave and dressed in some warmer clothes and go grocery shopping and then hit the town square and see if I can't find a 3 or 5 beer sampler....

To sample.

I'm tired and feeling a little altitude hangover.... 

But I'm here...

And fully equipped.

All it takes is a little money, a good deal, a little time and you can find yourself in....

A Beautiful Place....

Like Winter Park Colorado.

Peace out....

No comments:

Post a Comment