Donations to Discovery

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Ending a 20 hr Travel Day with Hotel Paleo... Waking up to Winter... Park

Didn't take a picture of last night's Grocery Run at the Safeway  in Fraser, but you can see some of the usual suspects in the prep being done....

Roasted Chicken
Sweet Mini Peppers (Yellow, Orange and Red)
Jalapeno
1/2 a squash
1 Zucchini
Heirloom Mini Carrots



And Yes.... Of Course....Kale!!

The way I cooked this was as follows....
Deboned one of the chicken breast and set aside.
Cut up the "hard" veggies - Peppers and Carrots and seasoned and added a teaspoon of water and microwaved those for a minute.
Added the seasoned Squash and Zucchini and microwaved for another minute.
Added the Kale and.......ditto.
Added the Diced Chicken Breast (already cooked of course - just needs to heat) and another minute...
Added a fresh diced banana and mixed....


Added sliced red seedless grapes and sunflower seeds and there you go.....

That's just about as pretty, nutritious and delicious of a Dinner you're ever gonna get...

And prepared in about 10 mins using only 1 knife, a small cutting board, one container and a hotel microwave.


Waking up to Winter.... at least that's what it would be in Lake Jackson!


Views from my Hotel Room window.


Coffee and my Daily Supplements.... I packed 8 "snack baggies" of these - 1 for each day....

A little forethought and planning will keep you Lean, Ripped and on the Paleo Track!!


Love Aloe Blacc and Love this Song....

This one part of the lyrics keeps rewinding in my head...

So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn't know I was lost

Guess we're all looking for something....

Me.... I'm curious about a lot of things...
.

It is Sunday and let me tell you....

My Muscled Maiden has been taking me to Church!!!

But she's been doing it in a Kind, Benevolent and Soul Searching Way....

Firing off Biblical Principles and Scripture after Scripture...

Come on ANGEL OF LIGHT.... Don't Confuse this whole issue with Scriptural Facts....

Or at least the Facts according to the Scriptures.... Hmmm.....

Don't know How or Where this all ends up.... suspect it will be like all my Temporary Intellectual Obsessions...

This too shall pass...

But I don't know...

There's an old saying.....

"No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that’s in the right and keeps on a-comin’” was the motto of Texas Ranger Bill McDonald (1852-1918). It later became a motto for the Texas Rangers themselves. 

Don't know if there's a Wrong or a Right here...

But My Iron Maiden has the Fire of God in those sculpted abs....

and She Just Keeps Coming.

I'm thinking way too much about this....

Not sure what that means....

Interesting.


Today's ensemble....


No matter where you go or what you're doing....

You need to create your Own Little Temple....

A Place of Peace....

Over the last few months, I've been trying a lot of Aromatherapy...

In the form of Scented Oils (this is Nutmeg and Cinnamon)....

and Incense (this is Myrrrh)  - kinda goes with the whole Biblical theme right?


Ventured outside to move my car around to the front of the hotel....

And yes.... that's Frost on the windshield.


Headed inside to check out the 2nd floor Brewery and Restaurant....

Pretty Cool....

Missed it last night but will be sitting my Altitude Sick Arse down for a Brew tonight!


Doing the Continental Breakfast....


Bout the only thing I could eat that wouldn't go crazy away from my Paleo Path was....

Coffee.
Apple.
Cinnamon and Spice Oatmeal...


This oughta keep me busy today...


They don't call this the Mountain Biking Capital for nothing....

No comments:

Post a Comment