Donations to Discovery

Monday, September 15, 2014

Discovering America 1 Person at a Time....

Good Monday Morning America!

Lemme tell ya what this overdue post is all about.

At the Beginning of 2014, I set a Personal Goal to meet at least 1 New Person everyday....

And Remember them and their name and something significant about them based on our initial meeting...

So on Saturday (2 days ago), I got onto my Southwest Flight from Houston to Denver and made my way to the back of the plane because that's where I always I am....

Cause I always board in the "C" section....

Cause I always check in late....

Anyway.... I was clammering down the crowded Southwest plane aisle and got to the back of the plane and found a middle seat (normally I hate middle seats) and saw this beautiful dark skinned young lady sitting in the window seat and thought....

This is gonna be a good flight!

And it was.... Probably the Best and Shortest Flight I can remember in a long time.

I sat down next to this lady making sure to bump into her a little bit while I was fishing for my seat belt and looked down at her orange handbag and my Tangerine colored Merrell All Out Rush Running Shoes and said....

"You should have my shoes to go with that handbag".

Cause you could tell this lady was accessorized just right.... you know....classy looking.

And naturally my eyes  gravitated to her hands and of course....there was this gorgeous wedding band and honking big diamond ring.

"Beautiful Ring" I said.... Cause it was.

And I introduced myself and found out her name was Audra.... Cool and Classy Name... That figures.

And lemme tell ya this lady was gorgeous from head to toe.

So I did something I been doing a lot lately which was to let my eyes gravitate upward and whispered "Thank You God" under my breath...

And got to getting to know Audra.

Turns out the inside is just like the outside.... Got it all going on...kinda figured that.

This lady is Super Fit.... does Heavy Weights with her husband.... who is her Soul Mate and Best Friend...

Did I mention this lady had it all going on?

No Kids but Wants to Adopt - Geez - is she Perfect or what? - I even made the comment that was such a Noble Pursuit cause we had enough people in the world already.

Anyway, she's a 33 year old, dark skinned (of Hispanic heritage) Super Fit Beauty who... get this....

Specializes in Lingerie Photography!!!

Yup - Can you believe this?  I'm swapping conversation (well.... Not Really.... I did most of the talking) with a Lady who runs her own Photography Business called....

Bedroom Door!!!

www.bedroomdoorstudios.com -

"Custom, Classy, Boudoir Photography"

Is this for real or what?

So not only is she Smart, Beautiful, Ambitious, Classy, Caring..... Ok I'll stop with the Superlatives right there... Cause I could go on and on....

But she was also a Good Listener... asking me about Paleo, Working Out and various lifestyle questions.... and my blog....

I was just getting to know this Young Lady (I call anybody that's less than 35 a young lady..... cause they are to me)....

When the Southwest Flight Attendant comes over the PA and announces our pending touchdown in Denver...

Huh?  Can we rewind please.... Cause I was just getting to know this lady.... and it's over already....

So Audra and I parted ways....

With a final wave across the conveyor belt in Baggage Claim....

And I was a little sad....

Cause I realized I would likely never see Her again...

And She was one of those people that made the World better just by being in it....

Good bye and Godspeed Audra!


No comments:

Post a Comment