Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Staying on Budget... Staying on Paleo

Finished up the 1st batch of  veggies I had made from the Fraser Safeway purchase, so started to work on a 2nd batch. 

In the container is a diced mix of Beet, Turnip, Parsnip, Carrots, Sweet Onion, Sweet Mini-Peppers, Jalapeno Pepper and Squash... all liberally seasoned with my African - Moroccan spice mix.

At this point, there's 8 minutes of microwaving on the veggies with some added water to promote the whole steaming process.

And that's a diced Fuji Apple dusted with Cinnamon on the right.


I added the apple and then a pile of kale dusted with the same African - Moroccan Seasoning and sprinkled with water and put another 2 minutes on it in the microwave.


While the veggies were steaming in the micro, I deboned the last bit of the roasted chicken I bought from the  Fraser Safeway..... this  is Chicken I've been eating on since Saturday night.


Here I've rough chopped it to prep for addition to the veggies and dusted it with that beautiful gold-colored African - Moroccan spice mix.... that color comes from the Hot Madras Curry Powder, Curry and Turmeric.

The list of ingredients for the spice mix is:

Salt
Pepper
Ras al Hanout
Hot Madras Curry Powder
Garam Masala
Curry
Cumin
Turmeric

Mix that in equal parts and add to anything and it will taste better!


And here's the whole thing mixed up with the chicken added.


And my last boiled egg I brought from home for some added protein on top.


That's a huge container of steamed veggies, apple, roasted chicken and egg which will last me at least 5 meals. It took me less than 15 minutes to prepare it and cost me less than $8.  Compare that to 5 meals out with a tip which is a conservative $16 each = $80....

That's $8 vs $80....

That's one reason I can take more vacations...


Finish off the mix with some nice balsamic vinegar.


I took a nice portion down to the Moffat Restaurant and turned in my voucher from the TravelZoo Special for a free beer... had the Stout Street Stout.... my favorite of the Moffat Brewery.


Some people may laugh at buying and cooking your own food in a hotel microwave but those are the same people that are in debt up to their eyeballs and who will be working till they can collect Social Security....

While I'm working part time, eating healthy, working out daily and vacationing in Winter Park Colorado....

Now who's laughing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment