Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

'Colorado Kidnaps People'

As I came out of the Fraser Rec Center, I stopped to talk to a lovely dark haired young lady that I had helped out in the gym while she was working out.  Her name was Joy and she had a problem with her legs such that she was having to use the arm mounted braces to walk.

We talked for a few minutes and she asked me where I was from.... and I told her... and also told her I was considering staying here longer.....

And she responded with something I haven't heard before...

"Yeah, there's a saying.... Colorado Kidnaps People".

Well.... Consider me kidnapped.

And what a delightful young lady.... all smiles and good cheer... and knocked out a helluva workout crutching it from machine to machine and lifting her legs up with her arms on the hamstring and leg press machine and working her legs the best she could.

I swear... I had to walk away for a few minutes and collect myself.... cause I almost started crying.

It made me ashamed of myself.... the way I bitch about my bad knee and torn groin and all the other little aches and pains....

And she's in the gym knocking out a workout on crippled legs.

Lesson learned.... Be Thankful....Be Thankful.

And I'd be thankful for a massage right now....this looks like a pretty good price...may have to check it out.


And here I am checking out "The Smokehouse" just like I said I would....


Timed it just right.... pedaling in around 3:00 


And snagged a Wooly Booger Nut Brown Ale.... Great Beer!!


Took a swig and walked outside and snapped a shot of the place...


Went back in and Megan had already brought my order.... House Salad with a mix of Burnt End Brisket  and Pulled Pork.....

And let me tell you what Texas....

These Colorado folks.... at least the ones at The Smokehouse know how to do BBQ.... tender, juicy with just the right amount of smoke..


Snapped a couple of shots on my uphill ride back to the hotel...


Change is in order....


Think I've had a Close Encounter of the Colorado Kind....

Consider me Kidnapped!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment