Donations to Discovery

Monday, September 15, 2014

Beginning the Illustrated Chronology of Yesterday's Epic Ride Part 1

Good Monday Morning America!!

As promised, here are the pics / commentary in chronological order for yesterday's ride from the Winter Park Mountain Lodge to Granby over the Fraser - Granby Mountain Bike Trail and then back on Highway 40....

Some might ask why I post so many pics and commentary....

There are several reasons but here are a couple:

  • I want to capture / document my travels, activities, events and thoughts in a realtime mode so I remember not only what I saw but what I felt and thought at the time.
  • I want the reader to feel like they are right there with me experiencing the scenery and happenings as they occur.
  • It documents the Good, Bad and Ugly of People, Places and Things for future reference.
So that's why I do it this way!


Hope you enjoy!

Began around 11:00 am Mountain Time so kind of a late start....

But I was ready to go!



Got my Jamis 27-1/2" wheeled Mountain Bike from Epic Mountain Sports set up the way I want it.



Here's a map of the entire trail.



Nice shaded path between Winter Park and Fraser.









Much of it runs beside the Fraser River.













And here I'm entering the Idylwood Campground area.

No comments:

Post a Comment