Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Meanwhile Back at the Life Ranch... The WOD War Rages On... Grasshopper Can Cook!

One of the reasons you need to take care of yourself is because....

Everyday is a Battle....

And Life is a War....

That Never Ends...

Was talking with a Friend of  mine yesterday....

One who is normally working out at Family Fitness regularly.

And I hadn't seen her in a while.

She told me she had been skipping her workouts cause her Significant Other had not been feeling well....

She had been taking care of him in the evenings when she normally worked out...

And everytime she tried to go work out (after she had fixed his supper), he guilt tripped her into staying home.

As a result, she was feeling bad about herself.... was cranky, discouraged and frustrated.

Let me ask you something....

What do we gain when we sacrifice our own health and happiness in the service of others?

Would this lady be better off striking some balance between Care of Herself vs Care of Others?

How many times do I have to say it?

Take care of yourself FIRST so you can be in condition to take care of the ones you love!


Speaking of taking care of yourself.... IMHO CrossFit is a great way to do it!!

As these guys...


And gals....

already know...



You step up and down 20 times on a 24" box with a 25# weight for guys (20"box and 10# for the gals) and you can say you accomplished something.


I love the mix of Skill and Strength Practice and Workout....

Variety, Constantly Changing, Functional - that's CrossFit!!


Had a Little Beast named Big John that Smoked the Front Squats AND the WOD!!


Is this my prep?

NO - My Daughter did this!!!

What a beautiful rainbow of fresh veggies!!

Turnip, Red Bell Pepper, Hatch Chiles, Squash, Zucchini, Sweet Onion w/ Kale waiting!!!







And this is what was waiting for me when I got home from the workout -

My Daughter made this beautiful Plate of Paleo Goodness!!

The last Chicken Leg Quarter deboned laying on a bed of the cooked veggies.

Outstanding Meal - better than I could make!

The Student has become the Master!!!


And a couple of bowls of fresh fruit, dried fruit and nuts drizzled with honey and sprinkled with cinnamon for dessert!!


Get up - Let's go.... 


It's Tuesday Morning and I'm headed for Fat Burner and Zumba!!

No comments:

Post a Comment