Donations to Discovery

Monday, September 15, 2014

091414 Epic Ride Part 8.... The Conclusion!

I've worked for a Lifetime to get myself where I am now...

And I've finally realized....

My Time Has Come...

And I'm enjoying every minute of it!


Made it out of the Subdivision Maze to the Footbridge behind the Fire station in Granby and here I am overlooking the River.


I already mentioned all the stats on yesterday's abbreviated post but it deserves repeating because this was quite a ride.

Starting in Fraser (and remember I came from 5+ miles south of Fraser)

I did at least 17 miles on a relatively difficult Mountain Bike Trail averaging over 8000'.

When I got done with that I asked a local at a stoplight where I could get a beer and salad and he recommended....

Maverick's!!


So....There's the Beer.... Love the refreshing taste of Blue Moon with the Orange slice.


And there's the grilled chicken salad, bowl of Green Chile stew with the wad of Cheese removed and a bowl of pickled Jalapenos.


On the way back.... 15 miles to Fraser.... 20 miles to the Hotel.


And let me tell ya.... Starting out I was tired and it only got worse.

But  the Endorphins had kicked in so I was feeling No Pain... Just Fatigue.


Long Long Climb out of Granby to crest over that high point shown on the Trail Map....

I know I climbed in Low Gears for over an hour.


Switched from Audioslave to Godsmack on the Way Back....


And a Long, Winding and Climbing Road it was...


As day slowly transitions to late evening.


And I finally made it back....

I triggered the Stopwatch on my watch when I left in the morning and you know what it read when I rolled into the hotel parking lot?

9 hours 1 minute....

Of which at least 6-1/2 hours of that was pedaling a bike on a road, bike path or narrow mountain bike trail from 7700' to 8900' elevation....

For over 50 miles....

That was a Day....

So when I got back to the Hotel Room, I scratched up a quick Paleo Recovery Meal....

In the container is diced Beet, Turnip, Heirloom Carrots and Parsnip.

And on deck, a Zucchini and a Poblano pepper.

Added Water and a Liberal amount of my African - Moroccan seasoning I brought from home and...

Did about 6 mins total in the microwave for the veggies leading up to the...


Kale and then added it and 1/2 chicken breast and thigh and leg deboned and diced and microwaved with water added for another 2 minutes and added sliced red grapes and some sunflower seeds.


So that's it....

Just another Day in a Life focused on....

Discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment