Donations to Discovery

Friday, September 12, 2014

Filling and Feeling the Gap... Between Sanity... And That Other Thing

Talking about Time flying by....

Pocahontas.... err I mean Haley and I were talking about how long she had been cutting my hair and I said something like....

"Oh.... it's been a year or so..."

Haley punches up my Beauty Appointment history and says....

"Your first appointment was on August 17, 2012".....

Holy Highlighted Hair Batman.... that's over 2 years....

Guess that's what happens when you get older.... The years just kinda meld together....

Till one day you wake up....

And you don't wake up!

No....Seriously - This Girl is the Real Deal.... She listens to me bitch (Oops... I mean gripe.... sorry Lagertha!) about my hair and other aspects of life....

Like a Good Hairdresser (Geez - that tells you how old I am... I call her a Hairdresser!)... Ok.... Like a Good Stylist...

And just says "K" alot....

My daughter does the same thing....

It's a way of saying....

"I don't give a Flying Flip what you're saying..... I'm just saying 'K' as a way of fooling you into thinking I'm listening and give a ....."

And love the Pocahontas look!!!


Pocahontas putting the Headdress on Chief Wills!


Ok.... No Cussing Sweet S.... Just a gesture for all those out there dis'g me right now cause I'm getting my hair done!

Hey - like I always say....

Don't knock it till you try it!!

Remember.... I get to sit for 2 hours and have a Beautiful Dark Haired Indian Princess run her fingers through my hair!!

So Who's the Smart One now???


Speaking of Smart One....

It's probably not too smart to be blowing through these CrossFit workouts with an Inguinal Hernia and a Torn Pectineus Muscle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pectineus_muscle) - Fancy way of saying Torn Groin - Ouch!!

But nobody ever accused me of being smart so....

No - Really - I know my body and grown to know this injury quite well (happened about 4 weeks ago)....

And I know what movements cause me pain and what movements I can get by with....

So I do what I can do....


And take a stroll through the streets of Power Clean City!!!

Check out these Body Positioning and Lifting Technique Stick Men!

They are rep'g out some Clean Pulls, Clean High Pulls and Full Blown Cleans while working that Hook Grip!!!


Derek - who I'm usually chasing - left me in the WOD dust and posted the most sets - 7 complete sets - of the 3 Power Cleans (at 115# Rx), 20 Ab Mat Situps and 5 Box Jump Overs (24" Box) of anybody the whole day...

Way to go Skinny Strong Man!!!


Me and Grape Pedialyte stumbled through 5 complete sets....

They say you go back to being a child as you get older a la Benjamin Button....

And I think I'm on the way....

Cause I love Pedialyte!!!


Same ole Same ole in the HEB shopping cart.... Paleo Fixings...

Meat (Adobo Seasoned Chicken Leg Quarters, Jalapeno Seasoned Thin Cut Chicken Breast & Holmes Pork and Venison Sausage)
Eggs
Veggies
Fruit
Dried Fruit, Nuts and Seeds....
Organic Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar
Honey

Simple Basket.....Simple Food....Simple Healthy Fixings!


Bought a Colossal Roasted Chicken at Krogers and decided to do that massive Salad Thing!!


Love Love Love Kale so got a generous portion of that going in a hot cast iron skillet with NO OIL!

Season, roll it around like it's in a Wok for a couple of minutes then get a splash of water in the skillet lid and turn the lid over and cover and steam for 2 minutes and it's done!


Here's the Spring Leaf Spring Mix base with tomatoes, radishes with a right side of Leftover Veggies and that Deep Dark Green Kale on the bottom....

That's a platter full of Veggie Goodness!


Geez Bro....Whadduya doing.... Eating the whole Grocery Store?

Kinda.... I told you I been amping up the Protein Delivery lately.... easily putting down 120 - 200 g of Protein a day....

That's a half of the Colossal Chicken Breast added to the Salad / Veggies and a whole tray of Spicy Ahi Tuna Sushi from the Kroger Sushi Bar and a Buried Hatchet Stout Chocolate Beer at the Top!!


Added the prerequisite Soy Sauce, Pickled Ginger and Wasabi to the Sushi....

And Yes - I ate the Rice.... Normally I don't.... But decided it complemented the taste of the Sushi!


Trying to work on injecting more Positivity in my Life because my Natural Bent is to be.....


Sorry the Screen Shots are Low Res Blurry but I tuned into the Spotify Top 100 Rock Tracks for a bit...

And heard this New Pick from Balance and Composure.... which is another thing I work on in the...

Back of My Head.....


And you already know my thoughts on being....


Five Finger Death Punch definitely puts out some Music and Lyrics that are on the very edge of what I am willing to listen to....

But hey you gotta know your music listening limits.

Was listening to this song and heard the lyric...

"Wrong Side of Heaven....
Righteous Side of Hell" 

Wonder what my Viking Lady Christian would say about that little phrase....

Cause that's kinda the Fence I'm sitting on right now....

Not sure if I belong in either.... Or want to end up in either....

Kinda like the Middle Ground....


Jack White's music is so different and original...

And original and different....


Hair, Workout, Grocery Shopping, Cooking, Eating, Drinking Chocolate Beer, Music, Heaven and Hell....

It all exists in that strange little Speck of Sand on the Beach of Humanity....

Otherwise known as my Life....

My Discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment