Donations to Discovery

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Paleo as Punishment? I don't think so!!!

Have had a lot of conversations about my Paleo diet with a variety of people over the last few weeks.

Here are some comments I've gotten from people in those conversations:

  • "How long are you gonna do this?"
  • "What are you getting ready for? Why are you trying to be so ripped?"
  • "I would never put my kids on that kinda diet!"
  • "When's the last time you ate a hamburger and fries?"
  • "I don't have time to prepare the food on a Paleo diet."
  • "How does the cost of a Paleo diet compare to a regular eating plan?"
In some conversations, it seems that people view the Paleo Diet as some form of Physical Punishment that one puts themselves through - like it's some sort of Prison that you're waiting to get out of!!

Nothing could be further from the truth - it's actually a Way of Setting Your Body Free from the Prison of a Diet that keeps your body and mind suppressed and depressed!!!

Let's take the above comments one at a time because they each represent important takeaways, concepts or misconceptions regarding the Paleo diet especially in consideration of my own experience with it.

Let me begin with my standard info Wikipedia link on the Paleo diet for those who want to learn more about it....


How long are you gonna do this?  

This is best addressed by discussing 2 different definitions for diet (I've written about this before but it's worth repeating).  Diet is:
  • A short to intermediate term eating plan you go on to lose weight or restructure your body in some way.
  • What You Eat.
For me, the Paleo Diet is What I eat.... so I 'm gonna do this FOREVER.... because I am convinced that, for me, this is the the Best, Simplest, Cheapest, Easiest, Most Beneficial Eating Plan there is....

I get to eat huge volumes of High Quality, Nutritious Food that gives me PLENTY OF ENERGY and keeps me Lean, Fit and Strong.

It is part of a Healthy Lifestyle.

What more can you ask for from an Eating Plan?

What are you getting ready for? Why are you trying to be so ripped?

What am I getting ready for?  Today.... Life.... the Next Workout....Seriously - the Paleo Diet is the foundation for everything - Everything stems / originates from Good Health - if you don't have that, you don't have anything..... everything else is secondary.

Eating based on Paleo Principles allows me to be ready for anything.  Being Light and Lean is the Best for Me - it's easier on my joints and general physical structure - I look and feel my best when I'm lean.

Why are you trying to be so ripped?  I'm not trying to be so ripped - that is simply a Product of the Paleo Diet.  When you eliminate all the Bad Carbs and Processed Foods, your metabolism increases, you have more energy, you workout harder, you eat more good food to recover, you sleep better, you workout harder.....You Get Ripped!!

Vicious Cycle to a Better You - make sense?

I would never put my kids on that diet.

Huh? WTF? But you would feed your kids tons of sugar found in most foods, shoot them full of chemicals and preservatives found in all but fresh foods. 

Let's see.... Paleo calls for a diet of Lean Meat, Eggs, Vegetables, Fruit, Nuts and Seeds.

And you wouldn't feed your kids that?

Let's move on cause that's fucking stupid.

When's the last time you ate a burger and fries?

Dunno.... can't remember.... and that's a good thing!

I don't have time to prepare the food on a Paleo diet.

Bullshit - you got time to watch TV and stand around talking to your buddies while you're working out and do Facebook and get your hair and nails done and blah blah blah....

I've proven time and time again that you can put together a full blown Paleo meal with tons of good protein, veggies, fruit and nuts in less than 6 minutes.

I show you what to buy, how to prep, season and cook the individual components and what it looks like when you get done...

It's just another excuse.... 

Moving on.

How does the cost of a Paleo diet compare to a regular eating plan?

I'll share some specific data on this in a future post but suffice it to say this....

I've tracked my grocery budget receipt by receipt in an Excel worksheet for several years so I have data on Non-Paleo Cost vs Paleo Cost and the bottom line is that...

Paleo is about 20% less than a "Regular" diet.

So.... let's summarize...

Paleo Eating has the following effects / characteristics:
  • Results in a Lean, Ripped Physique that allows you to eat plenty of food and give you tons of energy.
  • Common Sense, Balanced and Sustainable Eating Plan that forms the Foundation for a Healthy Lifestyle.
  • Good for Everybody at any age.
  • Quick, Simple, Easy, Cost Less.
As I've said many times before, a Paleo Diet is the Greatest Discovery I have made in a Long Time.

Give it a try.... I think you'll be glad you did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment