Donations to Discovery

Sunday, June 1, 2014

What Race are You Running?


I had somebody ask me last night what race I was...

Never had anybody ask me that question...

Thought it was pretty obvious but I have been outside a lot lately, got a tan, and it was dark and late so I figured I'd roll with it.

I started to be politically correct and say...

"I'm part of the Human Race".

But instead - I exercised the Loud and Proud Smartass part of my personality and told them I
was...

A White Boy!

The product of a Coon Ass Redbone Woman from Many, La and an Irish Indian Redneck from Newton, Texas.

So I got the best or worst of both worlds depending on how you look at it.

But it got me to thinking....

Despite the fact that this is 2014, we still live in a World of Judgment and Prejudice based on Race, Religion, Sexual Orientation or whatever other tag you wanna put on it.

I just don't get it...

People are People....

Individuals....

Snowflakes....

No two alike.

Despite our attempts to group or categorize or label a person based on how they look or where they came from, in the end analysis, they are....

Their own person...

With their own hopes, dreams, challenges, triumphs, tragedies and past and future....

So the next time you meet someone who's different from you, however you define that, do your best to look into their eyes, speak to their soul and make a connection with another....

Human Being.


No comments:

Post a Comment