Donations to Discovery

Monday, June 2, 2014

One Hot WOD! One Low Weight!!!


Neither Coach was there so it was Open Box at CrossFit WMD so after I warmed up -

This guy named Brian made up this WOD -

It took me 38:22 to do it with 115# vs 135# Rx on the Power Cleans and 44# vs 53# Rx Kettlebell on the Turkish get-ups but I completed it with Brian and another guy who did it, Jeremy, cheering me on for the last 10 mins.

That's one thing I like about CrossFit - kinda like the military - they leave no man or woman behind. If I ever had to go to war, I'd want those 2 guys with me.

Longest and Most Intense WOD I've done so far!!!

It was hot and I sweated a lot but drank half a quart of Pedialyte and a half a 24 oz Polar bottle of water and STILL weighed in at FF at 168!

And at home at

167.8

A slightly dehydrated weight but still....

I was 195 on March 17th

And I'm 168 Today.

Between the intense CrossFit workouts and the strict Paleo Diet, I look like a skinned rabbit.

My left knee is almost pain free with much improved range of motion - a product of the weight loss, a Cortisone shot 2 weeks ago and intense Physical Therapy (aka 2 a week workouts) and taping with Kinesiology Tape for the last 2 weeks.

After 2 years of concentrated effort, trying new and different things, I have finally DISCOVERED a combination of diet, workouts, recovery and alternative treatment that, at 1 month shy of 52, has me in the...

Best Shape of My Life.

Never would've thought it was possible, but I'm living it.

Pushing yourself to new limits....

Going beyond what you thought possible....

Making the improbable....

Even the impossible...

Reality.

That's what Life is all about...

Discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment