Donations to Discovery

Friday, June 20, 2014

Basic Paleo Cooking... And a note to LJT


Several people have asked me what I'm eating or not eating and they want to get recipes and I do a brief explanation of the Paleo diet and how I cook it and then say "Just read my blog. I put all my meals and show how to prepare them on my blog."

Seems easy enough but what do I know except I'm 52, ripped to the bone and in the best shape of my life and 50% of that is due to my diet.

Moving on...

Prep'd the already preseasoned pork chops with some Indian seasoning...

Meat Tenderizer, Salt, Cayenne, Garam Masala, Cumin, Turmeric


And on to cook in a hot cast iron skillet with NO OIL....

I told somebody today I cooked everything I ate in a cast iron skillet and Dutch oven with no oil and they looked at me like I had 3 heads.

I don't get it... This food and cooking technique is so simple and so healthy the whole world should be doing it...

As far as I'm concerned, the World has 3 heads...

Anyway on with the cooking...

Prep the veggies...
Sweet Onions, Poblano - Jalapeño - Serrano Peppers, Sweet Mini Peppers, Red Bell Pepper, Asparagus - Not Shown -
And Bok Choy, Kale, Squash, Zucchini shown below..


On with the pork chop - 4 minutes on each side and a minute of steaming with the lid on.


Veggies on in the Dutch Oven - Don't over cook them - 4 - 5 minutes with continuous turning is enough...


Throw in the squash and zucchini for 2 mins


And the Bok Choy and Kale for 2 mins


Flop the chop


Roll the kale and Bok Choy


And plate with a diced Fuji Apple cause apple goes with pork, add a cut up peach and some grapes
and a Creatine - Fresca mix.


Almost too pretty to eat - right!


And veggie plates for 3 more meals...


All in < 20 mins


Paleo fridge!


PreWorkout Power Meal -

Banana, raisin - cranberry - nut - seed mix


Random insertion - my computer setup with 2 - 32" Samsung TVs as monitors.... bitching - right?


Lunch veggies - pork chop - yellow mini tomatoes and grapes at the Concert on the Plaza - LJ Civic Center..


Cut that Pork Chop with a spoon!!!

You can't buy food this good in a restaurant!!!




Sat down next to this lady and tried to make some nice conversation.

Lady looks at me like WHY THE FUCK are you even talking to me?

Did I tell you I hate Lake Jackson and can't get out of the MF'er fast enough.

On that positive note, hope you're enjoying this Friday evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment