Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Hope for this Generation...


True to the theme of this blog, I'm always looking for new and positive perspectives and assessments of Life in general and the World around me and especially the People in it.

And especially the Young People.

Why?

Because they are...

Our Future...

Our Hope...

Our Assurance...

That everything's gonna be alright.

That the World's not gonna implode into a Black Hole of Ignorance, Greed, Self Indulgence and Instant Gratification....

Like it seems to be doing on a daily basis.

Was talking to this Kid at BzRehab...

I call him Kid cause I found out he's only 20 but Hell - he's got more facial hair than any 10 Mountain Men...

So anyways, I'm talking to this Young Man named Ryan at BzRehab and I have to emphasize the word "talking" cause he's actually doing that...

Talking... For the first time in the last 3 times I saw him there.

I kinda figured he might've been just playing a mute cause he was in a room full of women and figured he couldn't get a word in edgewise anyway and wasn't gonna try...

Which, come to think of it, makes him pretty smart.

Which it turns out he is...

Like I said before, we're talking and I have to emphasize "we" as in me and Ryan simply because I kept getting diverted in the Mano y Mano conversation by the Mano y Womano y Womano y Womano interruptions and I started to think after awhile that Ryan had the right idea...

Just keep your beak shut and let the hens cluck...

But being the stubborn, don't give a shit what the women think, old man that I am, I kept going back to Ryan to try to learn something useful....

Which, again, is difficult when you're surrounded by a bunch of women, but I told you I'm old and stubborn....

So I find out Ryan is halfway through a Physical Therapy Assistant Program at Wharton and is interested in the Treatment and Rehab of Sports Injuries and is in his first clinical here at BzRehab...

And I sat back against the wall and contemplated this for a bit as the Most Beautiful Angel of Mercy and Bachata expertly wrapped my knees with RockTape and I thought....

Here's a 20 year old clean cut (Ok - not so clean cut - like I said, this dude's got a beard like Moses) Young American that's got his shit together...

I mean, come on, he's only 20 and he's on the way to getting a great education for a career where you go to work everyday with the explicit goal to help people feel and be better physically...

Your job is to be a...

Modern Day Healer.

And he's working in a room with the most Gorgeous Group of Women I've ever seen.


Hmmm....

There is Hope for this Generation.

P.S. I didn't think Posh could look any better but she pops up wearing a pair of Professor glasses and I'm thinking 2 things:

1. The Top Shelf just got raised.
2. I need to go back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment