Donations to Discovery

Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Santa Fe Ski Basin.... Bringing back Great Memories!

Aaaaah.... the Santa Fe Ski Basin.... first visit there was Christmas 97.... I had just met the lady who would be my 2nd wife and my daughter, Amy, was 4 years old.

This was her first ski trip and mine too!


And there's Chipmunk Corner where Amy took her first ski lesson....

French Fries and Pizza.....not just Food but Ski Lessons too!


And the cafeteria where we first ate spaghetti out on the balcony....


Overlooking the ski slopes....


I didn't catch the best shot when this Dad was helping his young daughter but it kinda reminded me of my daughter Amy, when she was 4.....


You're probably wondering why I haven't been skiing since I came to Santa Fe and I've skied in the past....

Well.... the last time I skied was about 12 years ago.... and a lot has happened since then.... especially to my knees.

I probably would've tried had it not been for my most recent knee injury..... to my right knee.... which was my good knee....

And now.... it's almost as swollen and painful as my left knee.

So I literally don't have a good leg to stand on.....

Or Ski on....

So Time.... and Injury..... and Pain....

Had eliminated my desire to ski.

You have to pick your battles.

And at this point in life, I still enjoy walking.....

So no ski'g for me.... for now.

But I'm glad I made the drive up to the Santa Fe Ski Basin.... 

It's just one of the many elements that make Santa Fe so appealing!

No comments:

Post a Comment