Donations to Discovery

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Taking the Road less traveled by.... Cause the F'er was closed for Construction!

The Rail Trail started out nice on the southern edge of Santa Fe....


And crossed under I25


But soon changed to a dirt track...


Leading out of the city into the 12 mile void between Santa Fe and El Dorado...

Some of the shaded hills and draws had snow in the slopes....

Just about the limit for an old "townie" commuter bike with a cargo basket, 700x35 street tires and no front suspension.


Beautiful high desert terrain....


Kinda started wandering if El Dorado was just some Fig Newton of my Imagination....


Until I crossed the road leading into El Dorado....

Now I know why I didn't see anybody on the trail....


Taking the Avenue into ED...


Nooking for Grub...


And finding a plate of fajitas....


That'll do Pig.... That'll do!

Think I'll take the road route back to SF!

No comments:

Post a Comment