Donations to Discovery

Sunday, January 18, 2015

In Crisis.... There is Peace


Mid afternoon snack of nuts, dried fruit, blueberries with a slight drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon.


Invariably, anytime you talk about change and you are a 50-something male, the first thing you hear is....

"Aaah, he's just going through a mid-life crisis."

Fine..... I don't think that's it in my case but let's go with it.

Let's say I'm totally dissatisfied with the results of my life up to this point and I wanna do something about it.

Personally, I think you should be somewhat uncomfortable or dissatisfied with your life at any point in time no matter what your status or success or failure....

It is a fundamental element of growth and progress that you want to change something.

Otherwise you're stagnant or....

Dead....

Or worse yet....

Living Dead.


I was thinking about this...


As I walked up Washington Ave....


Past the Masonic Temple...


To the Santa Fe Plaza....

A beautiful and historic place...


I sat down on a clear, crisp and cold afternoon to listen to music through my earbuds and take in the tranquility and peace of what I am and where I am right now.

And I'd still be sitting in Lake Jackson instead of enjoying this tranquil and peaceful moment of historic high desert / mountain beauty if it wasn't for the....

Desire for Change.

So call it what you Wills...

As for me, I'll just enjoy this day for what it is....

Another Day in the Diary of...

Discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment