Donations to Discovery

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Flat on Bikeway 9... Lots of Hills for a Stepper... 35 mi RT... Back at La Casita

Heading north on Bikeway 9 which is the Old Las Vegas Highway and I started feeling that mushy feeling on the back tire that told me I was losing air.

I haven't had a flat in over 2-1/2 years.... mainly because my Trek 3700 Mountain Bike has Bontrager LT3 Plus Kevlar lined tires on it.... IMHO they are the best tires for preventing flats.

My Craigslist purchased Bianchi Advantage do not have puncture resistant tires and after riding past about a thousand cactus on the Dirt Track of the Rail Trail.

I went through the basics and got the tire changed easily in 15 minutes..... I had a 700x35 tube and a high pressure bike pump with me so I was prepared.


It was a nice ride with a lot of gradual climbs on the hills of the Old Vegas Highway.


Along with the Zumba hour this morning and the 35 miles on the bike, probably 12 miles of which were on an up and down dirt track, I'm pretty tired.

It was a beautiful day to be outside and I took advantage of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment