Donations to Discovery

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Beautiful and Cold Santa Fe!

Yes.... Yesterday morning it was 9 degrees and snowing.


Threw together a Paleo breakfast of leftover carne asada, a boiled egg and a small sweet potato with a protein drink.


Then a 6 block walk to the city plaza and our favorite place in Santa Fe.... the French Pastry Shoppe!

Yes.... I am bundled up!

And so is Madeleine.


These are Bridgestone Blizzaks.... The best snow tires made....  This is what I will be putting on the Horse if I bring it up here.  those tiny grooves in the lugs have metal impregnated in them so they are like spiked high performance snow and ice tires!


Checking out the  local restaurants on a side street off the square.


Always love the art in Santa Fe.


And this place has a history.


And a frozen river running through it.


And the ever present Southwest architecture.... even the hotels look like adobe structures.


The Best Pizza I have ever had.... Upper Crust Pizza!


Oldest Church in America..... right up the street from...


The Oldest House in America!


I told you it was cold....  you ever see me with these many clothes on?

But I still managed a pair of heavy long johns under my skinny Hot Topic Jeans!

Yay Paleo!


And speaking of Paleo.....

How bout a skillet full of onion, poblano and jalapeno pepper, squash, zucchini, baked sweet potato and a healthy patty of my World Famous Ground Turkey Breast Mix.... topped with a fresh diced tomato.


Threw a little Jalapeno Jack cheese in there for some fat.


And then a supper of roasted chicken and green chiles with a big side of spring mix, tomatoes and carrot sticks.


No matter where I go....  My Paleo Lifestyle goes with me.

It is a constant that defines who I am and who I want to be.

You don't think Food Can Define You?

Look in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment