Donations to Discovery

Friday, January 16, 2015

Ground Turkey Breast Mix.... Beer and Barbara... Breakfast for Supper

So much of this blog is about food and how to prepare it.

It's probably because it's what I have found to be one of the missing links in most people's success at Life.

A good diet high in lean protein with plenty of vegetables will do more for  you than you can imagine.

On the left below is 1-1/2 lbs of ground turkey breast (99% fat free) and very high in protein.  It's already been highly seasoned with salt, pepper, African - Moroccan Seasoning (Ras al Hanout, Hot Madras Curry Powder, Garam Masala, Cumin, Curry, Turmeric) and Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute (everything but the kitchen sink).  To this I add a wet mix of 1 beaten egg, Balsamic, Tabasco and Honey Mustard.  This meat is so lean you have to have something to moisten it and this does that and adds flavor too.

On the right is a pile of diced vegetables consisting of 1/2 red bell pepper, poblano pepper, jalapeno pepper, shredded carrots and 1/2 a sweet onion.


There's the veggies....


Add the veggies to the wet mix and you've got a well seasoned container of meat ready for the next 6 meals.

You can do anything with this..... hamburger patties, stir fry, meatballs, meatloaf.... anything you use ground meat for.


I needed a good meal under the belt because I decided to go to the Friday evening open gym at Zia CrossFit.

My friend Jan (the guy doing the squats) was there and I mistakenly asked him if he was doing a workout.


Jan says "Yeah - we're doing Barbara." 

To which I responded "What's a Barbara?" 

And Jan says....

Barbara is:

20 pullups
30 pushups
40 situps
50 squats

And we're gonna do 5 rounds.....

WTF?

And to add the bizarre to the Barbara, Jan continues.....

"Oh and we drink a beer between rounds 2 and 4!" 

Double WTF!!!!

I thought they were kidding till these crazy MFer's started lining beers up on the jump boxes....

And there was 2 women doing it too!

So I went to the fridge and grabbed an IPA and a Pabst Blue Ribbon and set 'em on the box next to the battleground.


Now you gotta remember I rode my bicycle to the box.... which is 5 miles from my house.... and it's after dark.... and I gotta ride back.....

So I got through Round 1 and I made the decision to not drink the beers on rounds 2 and 4....

Hell - I was gonna feel lucky to make it through 5 rounds without 24 ozs of beer in my belly.

So Discretion won over Valor....

Or something like that.

And I finished the 5 rounds in 30:23 neck and neck with some tall, skinny fit chick wearing a tank that had "The Legend" on the front of it....

And she drank the beers at Rounds 2 and 4.....

I guess that's why she was wearing the shirt!!!


This is a cool place.... There was a group of ladies knocking out some Snatches.... 

And looking good doing it.


And Jan and Roberto finishing up Beers and Barbara.


With only 1 beer I was able to mix it up with the traffic motoring down Cervillos and get back home safely.

I really like to eat.... and I like to eat good food.

So I made a big pile of Spring Mix, Tomato, Radish, Shredded Carrots, English Cucumber, Avocado, Boiled Egg and Strawberries...... dressed it with Balsamic and seasoned it with the usual...


And then added the remainder of the Chicken Breast, Chicken Sausage, Turkey Bacon and Veggies I made for breakfast....


Quite a Day.....

A Great Ride to and from Anytime Fitness....

With a Wonderful PIYO workout there....

Great Breakfast.....

Made a little money today.....

Then a quick ride down Cerrillos to Zia CrossFit...

Then Beer and Barbara....

And a Safe Ride Home...

To More Great Food!

3 comments:

  1. That's hilarious. They drink beer AND work out?! Haha love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw... That turkey mix is our creations combined! (Well your original recipe but I perfected it)

    You used your veggies instead of onions and pablano peppers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said.... The Student has become the Master. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something seeing you cooking and eating healthy. Congrats my daughter!!!

      Delete