Donations to Discovery

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Just call me Swede!


Got done with Zumba at Anytime Fitness led by the beautiful Peruvian Zamantha and was sitting on a bench in the gym listening to Audioslave.....

And contemplating the Mysteries of the Universe...

Which I am apt but poorly qualified to do...

When a fit older gentleman came up to me and asked where I was from.

I told him south of Houston Tx.

He said "Oh I thought you were from England or Sweden."

To which I replied, "Well I never heard that before but come to think of it, Texas is like another country."

Maybe it's the pale skin, fake blonde hair and blue eyes.

Dunno....

Stepped out of AF and glanced over at the Smith's grocery store further down the plaza and saw the words "Food Court" and thought....

Ya know.... A hot bowl of soup in my Swedish belly would feel good on the ride to El Dorado....

So I swaggered over to Smith's....

Well maybe it wasn't a swagger cause I had my cycling shoes on and it's hard to swagger in clipped cycling shoes....

But I did my best to swagger and look sophisticatingly European....

Which is kinda hard to do when you're wearing a pair of baggy Shower Pass cycling over pants and an olive drab Frogg Togg jacket....

Got me a big bowl of green chile stew for $4....


And thought about the ride ahead.


Maybe not a Getaway Car but an old Bianchi Advantage will have to do on the road to....

El Dorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment