Donations to Discovery

Friday, January 16, 2015

Riding into the Sunset...

I got up this morning reflecting on the past few years of my life.... and my life in general.

And realized..... I haven't really done that much with my life.... other than travel a little, work a little, lose some weight and take a shitload of pictures, some of which I've posted to this blog and write a little about what's on my mind.

Which has netted me 5 people who regularly lead this blog.

It's not a Pity Party.... just a realistic self-assessment.

Sometimes you have to do that.... You have to do a "cold eye review"....

Of yourself.

I did a nice little workout at Anytime Fitness yesterday morning, ate a good meal, read a little and then decided to take off on a late evening bicycle ride to the southwest side of Santa Fe....

Which led me face to face with the sinking sun....

And the reality of What  I am, Where I am, Where I'm going....


I'm a middle aged man who's sold everything and moved to Santa Fe to live alone....


Riding down a path that at worst leads to nowhere...


Or at best... leads back to a little casita on the north side.

To some decent food.....

And a Warm Bed.....

Which when you think about it..... ain't half bad.

Sometimes Life isn't about climbing mountains and leaping Tall Buildings in a Single Bound....

Sometimes it's a Holding Pattern....

Or a Quiet Ride in the New Mexico Twilight....

No comments:

Post a Comment