Donations to Discovery

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Seeking Alpha... But staying true to yourself and what works!

Another view of the Santa Fe Plaza at night....


And the adjacent Catholic Church.


A 1 minute pre workout meal from yesterday morning.....

1 boiled egg - 70 calories
1 small baked sweet potato - 60 calories
1 ripe avocado - 140 calories

Seasoned with my African - Moroccan mix....

That's 270 calories that will get you started the right way!


Knocked out a PIYO Strength workout at Anytime Fitness Santa Fe and then rode my bike to New Mexico Bike N Sport to have my clip on pedals and a couple of bottle cages installed.

Trader Joe's is adjacent to the bike shop so while they were doing the bike work, I walked over to TJ's and grabbed a $3.99 chicken breast salad with a Sweet Basil dress and a 17 cent bottle of water and a 19 cent banana.... so for $4.50, I had a great lunch.

Trader Joe's is one of my New Discoveries.... first introduced to it by my son in Long Beach CA and I look for it now wherever I go...

Everything they sell is Cheap and Good.... a great combo that beats Walmart on all like items.


Caught some live music and a couple of sampler beers at the Second Street Brewery....

Really liked the Cream Stout (not shown) but could skip the rest.


Been at the 2 BR Casita (Little House) for 4 days now and gotta say.... I like it.

It's different but has everything I need.


2014 was a year of Huge Transition for me.... as planned.

I started the year working out hard at the Group Exercise Classes at Family Fitness in Lake Jackson Tx and was strong but carrying way too much weight at 193 lbs.

On March 22, 2014, I started a very strict Paleo diet and shortly thereafter added CrossFit to my workout regimen for 2 - 3 workouts a week.

The combination changed everything about me physically - dropping my weight from 193 lbs to below 170 lbs in less than 2 months.

I researched and experimented with different supplements finally deciding on a mix of high potency multivitamin - multimineral, Fish Oil, Glucosamine - Chondroitin - MSM and a mix of Branch Chain Amino Acids - L-Arginine, L-Glutamin, L-Lysine, Magnesium and Zinc and a Nitrogen Oxide Booster.

I also added a special concoction of Seasoning Spices in addition to Salt / Pepper to all my food -
Ras al Hanout
Hot Madras Curry Powder
Garam Masala
Curry
Cumin
Turmeric


Had done a lot of research on Creatine and consistently found that it was one of the few "legal" supplements that actually worked - stayed on it regular throughout the year and confirmed that research.

A severe groin injury - pectinius tear - in early August caused  me to research soft tissue injury recovery and found that L-Leucine is a big contributor to the 4 - 3 month cycles of collagen Regeneration and Repair of the injury. 

Here's a good article that explains that process:


As a result of that research, I started taking a near lactose free Protein Supplement - I buy the Body Fortress stuff at Walmart.

My goal was to rebuild the tissue faster and put on some lean muscle mass.... which is what I have done over the last few months slowly increasing weight and size from a 166 - 168 low to my current 172 - 175 lbs.


My furnished "Little House" has nearly everything I need.... but a Cast Iron Skillet!

And the Southern Boy and Paleo Practitioner in me screamed for the Fast - Hot - Easy Cooking Style that I have become accustomed to so I threw down a $20 at Walmart for a new one.


Haven't found all the other elements of my African - Moroccan Spice mix yet so settled on an abbreviated substitute of  a mix of these...


Yep.... I talked a Good Talk for 2014.... but I also finished her up with a Pretty long striding Walk....

Selling the house in Lake Jackson.... moving everything into a Storage Room and starting the Process of finding a New Place to Live in the North and West.....

Starting in Santa Fe New Mexico.

It's not Easy.... It's not Comfortable....It's a Whole Lot Scary....

But sometimes you just have to make a plan, throw your balls over your shoulder, get a running start and take that Leap of Faith....

And hope that it all works out.

Life is not all about existence and subsistence and comfort....

It's about finding what works for you - staying true to yourself and always.... always... 

Taking the steep and narrow, less traveled Path to....

Discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment