Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sometimes the Only Way Out.... Is Through! Snow, CrossFit, Broken Laptops and Great Food!


Monday workout at CrossFit Zia:

Strength portion = Heavy Squats and Weighted Pullups

Then 7 rounds of 3 Power Snatches and 45 seconds of double unders.


They graciously let me do single unders since I can't do double unders but had to divide my total by 3....

I had 486 single unders so 162 double under equivalents.


It's been a while......


Monday night supper - jalapeno chicken sausage, turkey breast mix, nice spring mix with all the fixings and sliced strawberries with sweet onions to help me go night night...


Breakfast fixings..... a patty of ground turkey breast mix....


2 eggs over medium....


Egg over turkey....


Garnished with sliced tomatoes...


Been snowing here pretty steady....


Wednesday WOD at Zia....

Heavy Push Presses and then a killer round of 30 ManMakers.....

If you've never done 'em..... don't do 'em.

50# dumbbells - pushup - row with DB each arm from plank position, move to squat position, clean DB's from floor to shoulder, push press to overhead..... that's one....

One of the hardest, cardio busting, muscle blowing all body workouts I've done in a while.... did 30 with 50# DB's in 15:06.....

And wouldn't have finished if it hadn't been for my teammate Duane keeping me going....


Came out of the box to a car covered in snow...


The only one to blame for what's happened to you....

Is you....


Spent most of the day today trying to get my old XP laptop fixed.

With the help of Steve O'Neill at Advanced Computer Solutions, she's back and running,  but definitely will be looking to buy a new one.

Meanwhile, back at the Paleo Ranch, that craxy CrossFit WOD had me needing a pile of protein and good carbs so I grilled up 2 links of jalapeno chicken sausage, a patty of ground turkey breast, a pile of kale and spring mix with tomato, carrots and radishes, a boiled egg with a fresh banana on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment