Donations to Discovery

Saturday, January 24, 2015

A drive up NM475 from Santa Fe to the SF Ski Basin

As I said in my last post, the last time I went up this road was in April 2010 on my Trek 1500.

Don't think I'd attempt it in these conditions.... I could make it up but the descent on these roads with melting snow and some patches of lingering ice would make it too sketchy for me.


If you're on a bike, you just love to see the sign with the squiggly arrow and especially the falling rocks sign!


Beautiful blue skies and wispy clouds to accent the snow bordered roadway....


Hyde Park State Park.... I camped out there in April 2010.


The higher you go the more snow you get....


Now that's what I like to see.... an intrepid soul making the climb!


A nice view from Aspen Vista....


That's Santa Fe in the valley and Sandia Peak in the far background...

No comments:

Post a Comment