Donations to Discovery

Saturday, May 24, 2014

RedFest Day 2

Last night was incredible. Lynyrd Skynyrd was the best live performance I have ever seen.

Up this morning... Took some pics of my progress.

195 on March 17th....

173 today....

Boot Camp 2 days a week...

CrossFit 3 days a week...

Body Pump 1 day a week...

Strict Paleo diet 24 - 7

Results....

Then ate a little Paleo stuff at the breakfast bar...

Then took a shower and went and worked out...

Critical element - if you travel, don't skip your workouts or waiver from your diet - pay for a walk-in at a gym where you are if you have to....

I tried a couple of CrossFit places but they weren't open so I went to...

Planet Fitness and paid $20 to do 2 workouts.

Did a makeup workout of calf raises, overhead squats, one legged squats, lunges, chin ups and dips and Turkish get ups.

Was getting a lot of looks from the PF crowd....

Guess they never saw an Old Ripped Redneck doing a Turkish getup before.

Which is kinda funny when you think about it.

Back to the hotel and ate lunch I packed...

Veggies and chicken breast...

And Creatine and Fresca.

Then headed to the Festival....

Now watching Love and Theft at the Austin360 amphitheater....

Remember how I talked about just doing something random to break up the routine?

This trip has been that for me....

A great "Shoot up here amongst is cause one of us has got to have some relief" moment....

Glad I came....

Hope your Memorial Day weekend is going well...

And here's hoping you Discover your needed change.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mr. Miller, it was nice meeting you today. Just when you think you've heard it all, you learn something new. Paleo diet huh! I'll be researching that. Like I mentioned before, I retired from the military and trained in just about everything you can think of. From Jeet Kune do in the Bruce Lee days in the 70's to MMA in the 2000's you learn a lot. But what we never get quite right is how we eat. Protein powders for example is one heck of a gimmick that promises a lot and then you end up with a gut due to all the fat, cholesterol and carbs in powders. I still take protein on occasion, but only the zero fat brands like Isopure. Anyway my workouts is what is helping me get through my future divorce. My ex and I had one child and we are still friends but it is obviously over. So I am trying to prepare for my future single life. It sucks having to get in the dating scene when you pass 55. Sometimes I feel like why bother, when its so expensive to go out nowadays. Oh well good luck. Juan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juan - great to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your divorce. I just wrote a post today about handling the stress associated with divorce. And you are right - exercise is the best way to manage stress and personal crises.

    Here's the link to that post:

    http://www.willsonwheels.blogspot.com/2014/05/takeaway-from-tim-mcgraw-another-life.html

    Here are links to posts on the Paleo diet:

    http://willsonwheels.blogspot.com/2014/05/making-choice-often-means.html

    http://willsonwheels.blogspot.com/2014/05/a-war-of-attrition.html

    This one explains everything I eat:

    http://willsonwheels.blogspot.com/2014/05/if-you-are-what-you-eat-then-i-am.html

    http://willsonwheels.blogspot.com/2014/05/what-is-your-addiction.html

    Email me at arhth1@yahoo.com

    It's easier to communicate with email than the blog comments.

    Great talking to you at Planet Fitness and good luck with your Paleo diet.

    William


    ReplyDelete