Donations to Discovery

Saturday, May 17, 2014

CrossFit Women... My 2 cents worth


Gonna have to be careful and exercise some discretion on this post....

Yeah right.

Not my style.

Been holding my opinion on this subject till I had some more data, time and observations.

I think I'm at a point where a semi-informed opinion can be expressed.

So here goes....

So what is a CrossFit woman?

Or perhaps a better question -

What type of woman does CrossFit?

And maybe better yet -

What does CrossFit do to a woman?

Damn Bro - you doing a survey or writing a blog post?

From my very limited experience with CrossFit - 6 weeks at CrossFit WMD in Angleton - here's what I've learned about CrossFit women....

Motivated - duh - ain't no lazy girl gonna be doing this WOD shit.

Confident - some of these chicks are barely 100# and I've seen 'em throwing that and more over their head. Ain't no low self esteem wallflower's gonna attempt that. Or if they start out that way they ain't gonna stay that way for long.

Intense and Competitive - these chicks are gritting teeth and busting blisters and getting pissed off when they miss a PR. And they know what a PR means. I find myself smiling because I always thought I was intense. Perfect example of a Big Fish in a Little Pond. Change ponds and your perspective changes.

Now a little on what CrossFit does to women besides turning them into Beasts.

First off, if you're a woman and you don't want an ass, don't do CrossFit.

Cause these women got asses.

And Mother of Mercy, I mean that in a good way.

Thank you CrossFit!!!

And legs... Holy shit -

Asses you can set a coke can on and quads and hamstrings that make you rethink a woman's physique... In a good way.

Traps.... Yeah - all that heavy overhead work makes for a healthy girdle of muscle on top of the shoulders to support the load.

Abs / Core - Again the load, movements and intensity brings about a change resulting in a thick - quilted slab of muscle around the middle. Obviously, it depends on your body type, but in general, these woman have thick, defined mid sections and lower back.

Now to the chest.

This is where there is the most divergence based on body type and personal goals and time and effort spent by the woman athlete.

But in general, this type of intense training results in lower body fat levels and let's face it.... Boobs are mostly fat right?

So the typical hard core woman CrossFitter is gonna have a flatter, leaner chest....

Which historically for me has not been my preference.

But But But....

Let me tell you - after having been around these CrossFit women and watching them train -

I gotta say....

They are GORGEOUS....

And SEXY....

So for you women out there...

If you want a strong, lean, sexy body that may not fit the traditional view of Beauty and Grace and a Victoria's Secret catalog....

Then you might wanna give CrossFit a try.

And for you guys out there, if you're not afraid of getting your ass kicked in a workout by a woman, you might wanna give CrossFit a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment