Donations to Discovery

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Are You a Vegetarian?


Had the same guy at HEB ask me that the last couple of times I checked out...

It wasn't too long ago I wouldn't have been asked that question and if I had been I would've laughed.

I'm not laughing now.... At least about the possibility of being a vegetarian.

I mean take a look at my HEB shopping cart....

2 meats and about 20 fruits and vegetables!

Why?

First of all - it meets the Paleo diet criteria....

Second - it's healthy and, when I eat what's in this cart prepared simply with good seasoning, I look and feel great.

Third - I'm putting my mind and body under a tremendous amount of stress with the work and workouts I do. I've got to be sharp, think clearly, solve problems and knock out some brutal CrossFit and Boot Camp workouts to boot. My mind and body needs the kind of high value nutrition and recovery with low calorie effect that these foods provide.

Am I a vegetarian?

No.... But I'm getting there.

And that's a Discovery I never expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment