Donations to Discovery

Thursday, May 22, 2014

No Wonder America is broke....


Good Morning.

You know... I am never at a loss for subject matter or topics to discuss or present on this blog because if I can't come up with anything, all I have to do is be patient and listen and take notes on the world of conversation that goes on around me.

Was getting a Cafe Americano at my Kroger Starbucks this morning and heard one Starbucks Barista talking to another.

Here's a summary....

This girl was talking about her dog and some procedure they were about to have done on the dog.

She mentioned having to spend $4000 just on the MRI....

Can you fucking believe that?

Ok. I'm not a pet person....

They cost too much money, tear up the house, leave hair all over the place, stink and then lick their ass and try to kiss me...

Don't get me started on that but think about it the next time you get a "kiss" from your ass licking dog.

So no. No go on Rover for me.

But, I understand some people have a need to have their pets.

And that's fine but here's the experience and observations I have with pets.

People end up spending more time and money and putting more effort into their relationship with their pets than they do their spouses or children.

I'm serious. It's happened to me and I've seen it in at least 10 - 20 family units over the years.

And not to mention, like in this case, the disproportionate and obscene amounts of money people spend on their pets compared to their annual income.

Hey if you make $200000 a year and have a net worth of $2 million+, then knock yourself out...

Spend $5 - $10 grand a year on a pet.

But if you're working at Starbucks making $10 an hour, you got no business spending anything on a pet.

These are the same people that can't pay their rent but got money to spend on cigarettes and pit bulls.

There....

I'm done with my rant for the day....

Unless I hear another stupid conversation like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment