Donations to Discovery

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Finally getting my just desserts and a nod from a Young Gun.


I've been doing a Core Paleo diet for at least 2 years now but 2 months ago, I decided to get really serious about it....

No cheating....

Only Lean meat, eggs, veggies, fruits, nuts and seeds.

No dairy....

No bread, grains, legumes, pasta, potatoes, rice...

No processed food....

No junk...

Little or no alcohol.

And No Desserts!

Was 195 on March 17th

Weighed 176 this morning so 19 lbs in 2 months.

Pretty good cut.

And right on cue...

Here come the abs!!


Went to Family Fitness this morning to do my "Make up" workout. This is a day where I work on exercises, movements or muscle groups that I feel were missed during the week or are lagging.

Today it was abs, calves, wide grip chins, one legged squats, lunges.

While I was working out, I had a young guy come up to me and complement me on my physique.

And this guy was in shape himself - lean and muscular - probably 20 - 25 years old.

We talked a minute and he told me how impressive I was especially the fact that I had good mass and cuts in my legs.

Talking about making an old man feel good.

And making all the workouts and diet discipline worthwhile.

I mean I do the whole health, fitness and lifestyle thing because it's important to me but it's nice to have a Young Gun acknowledge and praise my work.

And part of that lifestyle program is holding myself accountable for my successes, failures and struggles through this blog.

If you would've told me 2 months ago that I would look like I do today, I probably would've told you that you were crazy.

But here I am at 51 with a 6 pack and the realization that if I can do it, then you can too.

Per the blog name, Life is all about Discovery.

Open your mind and body to new approaches, ideas and perspectives.

Set goals and devise a plan and path to get you from where you are to where you want to be.

And most importantly....

Believe that it can be done.

Believe in yourself.

Tune out the noise and the naysayers and focus on your own path to Discovery.

You'll wake up one day, look in the mirror and be greeted by a better, leaner, fitter, healthier You.

No comments:

Post a Comment