Donations to Discovery

Friday, May 16, 2014

Making a Choice often means...

You limit or eliminate other options, paths or directions.

Sounds obvious but simple lifestyle choices can have immediate and longlasting effects.

Let me give you several simple examples of varying effort and complexity.

I love peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwiches.

Could live off the sonofabitches.

And would likely weigh 250 if I did.

I made the decision a long time ago that I wanted to be lean... Really lean.

I had a goal to get below 180#, a weight I haven't been at in almost 15 years.

Part of that Process was to CHOOSE a diet that would get me there.

For me, it's the Paleo diet because it lets me eat high volumes of food and still lose weight and have plenty of energy.

Well... The Paleo Diet excludes legumes (bean family) of which peanuts are a member. Yes, peanuts are NOT a nut.

And by proxy....peanut butter....

And processed products full of sugar like strawberry jam....

And wheat products like bread.

So I CHOOSE not to eat Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam sandwiches.

Now I go to my favorite Mexican Food restaurant.

Here comes the friendly server with a basket of chips....

Wave off.... Abort!!!

No Chips please....

Cause like the commercial says...

You can't eat just one!

Next choice please!

"What would you like to drink?"

Well, I really want a frozen Top Shelf Margarita.

But I know it's about 600 calories and if I drink it, I will probably order a plate of enchiladas to go with it and eat the whole plate aka another 1500 calories...

And once begun, that process will repeat itself every week or maybe 3 times a week till I'm back up to 200+ lbs.

So.... No thank you.

I'll have an ice cold Lite Beer and a bowl of tortilla soup with no cheese or rice.

Because I CHOOSE to be Lean and Healthy.

Last example and maybe the most important.

Several years ago I CHOSE a work situation that led to a lifestyle of diet, exercise, sleep and stress management resulting in my highest weight ever, high blood pressure and chronic debilitating knee and back pain.

I made it through that work assignment to the other side and guess what....

I made a pile of money....

And wrecked my body.

And vowed to never do that again.

I realized there was never gonna be enough money....

And that there are 2 sides of the financial security equation....

How much you make....

AND

How much you spend.

CHOOSE to Spend Less and you don't have to make as much.

If you don't have to make as much....

You can Work Less.

If you work less, you have more time and energy to spend on Improving Your Lifestyle.

Huge Turning Point....

Huge.

Believe it or not, you have chosen the life you lead right now.

One decision.... One choice at a time.

And you can CHOOSE to Change It....

For the Better.

What do you CHOOSE?

No comments:

Post a Comment