Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Ok Amber.... This is how we roll!!!

Was talking with a new friend of mine at the gym this evening and she was asking how I had gotten so lean and I told her I was on a strict Paleo diet.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic_diet

So here's how I throw together a 10 minute Paleo meal...


First, make a bed of your favorite salad. Add diced tomato, sliced radishes, avocado.

Drizzle with olive oil and red balsamic vinegar and dust with salt and pepper.

Add a diced boiled egg and then a layer of sliced fresh fruit - strawberries in this case.


I mean.... Come on.... That's beautiful already... Right?

While you're putting that together, you should've already had a cast iron skillet on to heat and diced up 3 - 4 oz of a lean sausage - I use Holmes pork and venison sausage available at the local HEB.
I also diced several stalks of asparagus and a jalapeño and added all that to the skillet.


Let that cook 3 - 5 mins turning continuously - it's basically a stir fry with no oil.

Next add a 4 oz patty of ground turkey breast mix - I've explained how I make this delicious lean protein filled mix several times before.


Give it a minute or 2 and flip it....


Make sure the turkey is cooked through and then plate it!!


Add some fresh julienned basil and my standard drink of fruit punch Creatine mix, Fresca and Sangria wine.


That's a lot of beautiful and nutritious food.

So AmBam what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment