Donations to Discovery

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cave Man does Chinese


New readers might wonder why I keep using the Cave Man reference. It's partly cause I'm a pretty primitive guy in many ways but the main reason for the label is the reference to the Paleolithic aka Paleo aka Cave Man diet that I continuously talk about and believe is the most effective approach to getting and maintaining a lean and muscular physique.

Here's some info on the Paleo diet:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic_diet

Once a weekend I treat myself to a meal at a buffet.

This week it's a Chinese buffet.

The nice thing about the Paleo diet is that you can eat fairly large quantities of food and still lose weight.

I am walking testament of that.

But can you stick to a Paleo diet on a buffet?

Sure, you just have to stick to the Paleo list - lean meat, eggs, veggies, fruit and nuts.

So what's that look like at a Chinese buffet?

Round 1 - chicken and broccoli, veggie omelette, green beans, sushi (I nixed the rice), cantaloupe, honey dew melon

Round 2 - Beef Rib, boiled fish, Mongolian Beef, shrimp, jalapenos and veggies, more omelette.

Round 3 - More fish and omelette, chicken and veggies, green beans, shrimp and jalapeƱos

That's a lot of food, but my body needs lots of lean protein.

But notice, there's no fried or breaded foods, rice, noodles, rolls, etc.

And I've been doing this for 2 months and lost 19 lbs so I know it works.

So the next time you go to a buffet, load up....

Like a Caveman.

No comments:

Post a Comment