Donations to Discovery

Friday, May 9, 2014

1 Meal Out... 1 Meal In


It's hard to eat the right things when you go out...

But not impossible.

It all boils down to what you want and how bad you want it.

If you wanna be lean and healthy, you have to resolve to eat that way even when you go out.

For me that means I need to stick to soups and salads and Lite Beer....

Even though I want a Margarita and a plate of enchiladas, I've been down that road and through the cycle enough times to know that it's better for me just to not go down that road.

So, every Thursday night, it's dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant, El Toro.

Last night it was chicken tortilla soup with no cheese, half the rice, double the veggies, with diced avocado and plenty of fresh sliced jalapeños and a cold Coors Lite.


Now that's a pretty bowl of soup.

And for lunch today...

My standard salad with mango and strawberries and the last of my egg, sausage and veggie omelette and a big patty of ground turkey breast mix.


Lots of protein and good carbs for not a lot of calories.

That's the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment