Donations to Discovery

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Man Who Knew Too Much.... Sometimes Ignorance is Bliss.... And Beneficial!

Catchy title?

Mebbe.... but this is a theme and an evolutionary process that I am Victim of .....

And Victor of.

Let me lay this post out for you real quick.

My whole life.... My vocation.... My career.... My personality... My approach to Life....

Has always been one of Careful Thought and Planning....

Ok.... Marriage has been the exception.... but that's another Post for Another Day.

In general, with most things, I'm pretty analytical....

I like to collect data before I make decisions.

Consider the Good, the Bad and the Ugly....

and devise and develop contingency plans for each genre.

In most cases..... A good thing.... probably saved me from a lot of Uh Ohs.

But as with all things, a Strength taken to an Extreme becomes a....

Weakness.....

Sometimes a Fatal Flaw.

Analysis can become Paralysis....

And Planning can become Paranoia.

A Few Years ago I realized I had fell into this rut....

A continuous daily monotony of predictability.

No growth.... No evolution.... No revolution.

So I quit.....

Thinking so much.... Analyzing so much..... Planning so much.....

And I started....

Forcing myself to try new things....

To remove predicated limits and boundaries....

To face fears....

And the unknown....

And to embrace.....

Pain and Discomfort....

Relocation.....

Dislocation.....

Having a Good Head on Your Shoulders....

And the Vision to See and Plan Your Future....

Is a Great Thing.....

Just don't let your Commitment to Certainty....

Keep You from a Life of.....

Discovery!


No comments:

Post a Comment