Donations to Discovery

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Back to Basics... Whaccha doing Back there? Putting Your Back into it!

I've been talking about the heavy workouts at Zia CrossFit.....

And I've been supplementing those workouts with my own workouts....

And my back is showing the effect.

Muscle is like Armor.

It clothes and protects your skeleton and vital organs from injury....

From physical stress (loading and activity) and from impact (falls, getting hit by something, hitting something).

Lots of people work on the front of their body.... because that's what they can see.

But it's important to balance the "pushing" muscles of the front of the body with the "pulling" muscles on the back of the body.

I've always been strong / muscular in the upper part of my back..... 

But my goal over the last few months has been to gain muscle, strength, flexibility and stability in the lower part of my back....

That area on each side of the spine between your but and the middle part of your back.

Can you "target" this area?

I don't think so.... I think you have to work those expanded range of movement exercises as heavy as possible to create this area of muscle.

Heavy Deadlifts, Heavy Squats, Heavy Overhead Squats, Hang Snatches.....



Again.... the theme, the goal here is Fitness after Fifty.

Ok....maybe it's more than that.

Let's just say I'm taking my Back.....

To the Future.

No comments:

Post a Comment