Donations to Discovery

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Ok... Enough with the Travel photos... Let's get back to the here and now!

That's my mailbox in the middle.... 

Kinda feels weird to have a mailbox other than 105 Poinciana.


A view looking south down Agua Fria.... aka the "El Camino Real Original Route"....

Lots of history in Santa Fe...


Didn't know they were missing....

But coming back alive from anywhere is always a good thing.


Kinda blurry cause all these chicks were in motion..... in Zumba at Anytime Fitness on St Michaels.

I was talking to my son the other day and said I have a goal to do Zumba in every town I stay at for more than 2 nights.

I think I'm up to about 12 now.....

Not sure what that means....

Except I like to do Zumba!


I forgot they made cars this big!

The f'g trunk on this Caddie was at least 5' long.....

I swear you could've slept in the trunk....

Which is where many a guy had his last night's sleep...... Egad!


It's a Cajun thing.... many meals I cook begin with onions and peppers....


The onions and peppers have already been grilling for at least 5 minutes and I added kale, a diced baked sweet potato, a link of chicken sausage and a 1" thick slab of the turkey meat loaf cut into chunks.



I rolled this about 17 times while adding a 1/2 a Fuji apple diced up and 1 slice of jalapeno cheese.


That's a pretty batch of food that literally explodes with different flavors in your mouth - salty, sweet, hot - with the crunch of the kale stalks and the crispy texture of the apple and the creamy smoothness of the sweet potato and the soft textures of the sausage and meat loaf....

And not only does it tastes good, but it's literally full of protein and the right kind of carbs and sugars that will make your body know it's the right stuff!


$243.53..... that's how much it cost to rent the Toyota Corolla for 9 days..... 9 days in which I went from Santa Fe to Durango around the San Juan Scenic Byway - Silverton, Ouray, Ridgway, Telluride, Rico, Delores, Cortex, Mancos and back to Durango and then east from Durango to Pagosa Springs and then south through Chama, Tierra Amarilla, Abiquiu, Espanola and back to Santa Fe.

So $243.53 in car rental and about $65 in gas (the Corolla averaged 34 mpg while I had it).... so about $310 to see some of the most beautiful country in the world.....

Yeah.... it was worth it.


But alas..... I decided to try something I've never tried before....

Go Carless!

Is that a word - Carless?


So I returned the faithful Corolla to the Enterprise on St Michaels....


And got a ride home from the Enterprise rep....

To....

No Car in the driveway....


Just my old faithful $80 Craigslist bike.


And a view of the sunset in Santa Fe....


Don't worry.....

I be aiiiight!

I'm where I wannabe.

Living a Life of.....

Discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment