Donations to Discovery

Friday, February 27, 2015

3 Reasons I don't eat out much!

Walked down to Albertson's on Guadalupe last night with my backpack and picked up a few more groceries.

Was strolling around Albertson's and saw this 1.25 lb package of Wild Caught Pacific Salmon for $5.95.

That's pretty cheap.


Season with my African - Moroccan spice mix - Salt and Pepper, Hot Madras Curry Powder, Cumin, TJ's 21 Season Salute.


Prep a bed of Spring Mix, Carrot sticks, tomato and dried cranberry / nut mix dressed with Balsamic and EVOO and of course..... seasoning.

This took a couple of minutes....


While the salmon is cooking...

Into the trusty smoking hot cast iron skillet goes a seasoned salmon fillet.

1-1/2 mins on each side.  That's 3 minutes of cooking.


Pretty Plate... that took about $3 and 5 minutes to prepare...

And it tastes fantastic.....

Better than anything I've had in a restaurant.


So much so... that I did Round 2.


With some fingers of grilled focaccia bread with EVOO coating.


So let's see....

Cheaper......

Faster.....

Better Tasting....

More food....

And I like Cooking....

Wait... 

That's 5 reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment