Donations to Discovery

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Talking about Nice Folks at Lake Brownwood State Park.... let me tell you!

Ok, so I'm talking to one of the Park Personnel at the front desk of Lake Brownwood State Park, and she's listening to me babble on about this and that and she just ups and says - "Oh, you sound like someone who would be interested in the Texas State Park Geo Cache Challenge".....

Huh?  Wacchu talking about?

You know I know a little about this whole Geo Cache-ing thing but never done it before.

Well - this lady - I'm too stupid to look at her name tag so I don't even know her name - but I can tell you she must be the Head Honcho - cause she's like training this tall, red-headed Park Ranger guy - anyway she gets my attention.... which is kinda hard to do but I like lady folks who just take charge......

So - I'm like all ears, cause this lady starts telling me about this Texas State Park Geo-Cache thing and asks me "Do You Have GPS?"

Do I have GPS?  Yeah, I think so..... I'm so loaded down with technology I better have GPS or I'm gonna go kick somebody's ass at Verizon and AT&T.

So Wam Bam Thank You Ma'am - she's explained the program to me and printed out all the information and coordinates for the state parks in the Big Sky region (where LBSP is) and the Hill Country Area which I frequent a lot.


Is that Cool or What?

So..... I think I'm gonna try it.


2 comments: