Donations to Discovery

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Race against the Storm

I made it back to the dealership just before the skies opened up. 

My truck wasn't ready so I decided to have a high carb post ride meal at the grill they have at the Gulf Coast Autoplex. 

Spaghetti and meatballs, squash and a salad with a Diet Coke. My body needed that as I rode 2 hrs 10 mins straight at a pretty respectable 14.4 mph avg. 

So I finally got my truck - they changed the rear differential fluid in it too. Said it was a little dark. 2nd time I've changed it in 92000 miles. Guess that's what happens when you drive a truck 90 mph everywhere. 

So I'm driving out and this little bird pops up on my shoulder or maybe it was a little devil - the little Sonofabitch that always cost me money - and he says "Eckkkk - wonder if they have in any new Mustangs - Eckkkkk"

Hmmmm - I don't know - let's go find out - and get off my shoulder you little shit - before I have to clean the same off my shirt. 

So I ease into the Ford parking lot and get out and .....

Oh Boy - this was a mistake!

Oh shit - a Mustang GT Premium in the new color Deep Impact Blue - with the Blue accent striped black leather seats. I got excited.....

Till I saw it was an automatic. 

I mean Who the F&@! buys an automatic in a Mustang GT 5.0?

But right next to it was this Hot Beauty!

And it's got a 6 spd manual AND a 3.73 rear end. 

Holy Rocket Man Elton John!

Give me a key and strap me in and light the fuse Baby!

Which is what I did. 

I took it for a test drive and it was like riding a Mustang and being astride a Fire breathing dragon at the same time. 

I gently worked the beauty through the paces just like foreplay and then in the final and winding access road approaching the dealership I let the hammer down and hit 120 in a very short stretch and she still had her nose up and was asking for more. 

I shut her down before the salesman messed up the passenger seat. 

We went back and I said I want one like that with a Track Package. 

He's gonna get back with me on that. 

I knew I shouldn't have listened to that damned bird....

2 comments:

  1. What a ride you must have given that salesman. Just think about the future tickets you have in store for yourself. Ha! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get tickets on a regular basis. It is part of life....if you can't pay the dime, don't do the crime!

    ReplyDelete