Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hydrate and Protein immediately for Faster Recovery

I prepped for my ride today by eating a banana and nearly a carton of strawberries and 2 pints if water. 

During the 4+ hour ride I drank 1 gal of water, 1 quart of Gatorade and 1 pt of spicy V8. 

Following my ride I drank a pint of water, a 16 oz Diet DP and a Sam Adams and did a 3 minute prep with some Jennie O Cajun Style Turkey, smoked Gouda cheese, Tomatoes, Avocadoes, Fresh Basil, olives, lemon juice, olive oil and Tabasco...

Now that's a quick and easy post-workout recovery meal. 
I feel better already!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Very gouda. Olive my life I've been looking for something that tasty. Salami get this straight: only one beer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaahahahahahaaaaaa^^^

    ReplyDelete