Donations to Discovery

Thursday, May 24, 2012

On Verizon Extended Network at Lake Brownwood State Park

I have a Verizon iPhone 4s AND an AT&T Elevate Mobile Hotspot.

At Possum Kingdom, I had low or no signal on my AT&T Hotspot but I had a good signal on my Verizon phone.

On this route to Lake Brownwood State Park, I have had intermittent Verizon signals but a good signal on my AT&T Hotspot.

At the park, I have a full 5 bars on my AT&T Mobile Hotspot but weak Extended Network signal on my Verizon iPhone.

I have already tested and found I can send short texts to the blog but not pics (because of the size of the text message with pics added) from my Verizon phone.

Never fear, loyal reader.  Notice I didn't pluralize that.

I will send texts realtime and then add pics at the end of the day.

It's a more cumbersome process because I will have to upload the pics to my Netbook, compress them and then create the posts with the pics from my Netbook via the Internet using the WiFi on my Netbook from the AT&T Hotspot.  

Pain in the Ass but I've done it before.

My Verizon iPhone 4s does this automatically but only with a 3G signal or better not on Extended Network.

That's why I have the AT&T hotspot with me.

So far, I've never been to a spot where one of them - either the Verizon iPhone or the AT&T hotspot didn't have a strong enough signal to do this!

There is Method to My Madness....

Insert Evil Laugh here...

Stay tuned!



5 comments:

  1. You trying to say you have only 1 reader? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you tryin to say that I'm not a FAITHFUL FOLLOWER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny.

    You've kinda proven my point.

    Ok. Double it. I have 2 loyal readers!

    Hey. The way I look at it... It's like having an exclusive audience for a maestro .....

    Or a Train Wreck!

    Ha Ha - and again, thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And don't forget the disloyal readers

    ReplyDelete