Donations to Discovery

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Dealing with Technology

Okay I found a short cut... kinda.

I can take the pics with my iPhone and then e-mail them one at a time to my Yahoo e-mail using the WiFi signal from my AT&T Hotspot.  The iPhone functionality allows me to pick the compression I want, i.e. the size and resolution of the picture.

I then access the e-mail from my Netbook and copy the pics to a folder on the Netbook Desktop and then upload them to my blog from my Netbook.

Sounds complicated but it's not that bad.

Here's my set-up.  Obviously, I'm taking the pic with the iPhone 4s so it's not in the pic, but I have a Gateway Netbook with an AT&T mobile hotspot.  The Netbook is plugged into the power from the shelter outlet and both the iPhone and AT&T mobile hotspot are plugged into USB ports off the Netbook for their power. Both the iPhone and the Netbook are connected to the Internet via the AT&T Mobile Hotspot which connect as many as 5 devices at one time. As I said in the prior post, I have 5 bars of 4G on my Hotspot right now, so everything is exchanging at lightning speed.  Pretty Cool!


Pretty compact set-up and one you can actually haul with you on a bike if you need a PC on the road.... and I've done that before too.

Next problem?

Like I always say....

Where there's a Willyum there's a Wayyum!

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha love the quite at the end!

    Can you guess who this is daddy?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kid Lightning!

      You're the last person I would expect to leave a comment on my blog but thank you so much.

      You don't realize how much that means to me.
      I love you and will see you soon.

      Delete
  2. You can't spell "Anonymous" with "no, amy"

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing she is not - is anonymous.

    ReplyDelete