Donations to Discovery

Monday, May 21, 2012

Outline of Plan of the Week

Hmmm - that's a little too loose!

Ahhh.... That's a little better!
Here's how it's looking:
Today - Monday
Ride my bike to a few local bike shops and look for accessories for making my Trek 3700 Mountain Bike a little more comfortable for longer rides should I decide to use it on my next tour. Here's a few things I'm considering:
Ergo handgrips
Handlebar end grips
Both of the above will allow me to change my handgrip positions to relieve hand and overall body fatigue on longer rides. 
Fenders to keep the rain and dirt off me and the running gear while riding in wet conditions. 
Spring-loaded seat post - had one on the bike in Germany and loved it. Much more comfortable than a fixed seat post. 
New Seat
Cateye Strata Double Wireless bike computer with speed, distance AND cadence 
More cycling socks - nothing like keeping your feet cool and comfortable and I've found the specialty cycling socks are the best for that. 
This evening I'm going to an MMA class with one of my son's friends. I'm a huge UFC fan and always wanted to join an MMA gym to learn a few basic moves especially in the art of jiu jitsu. This is the first step in that process. I want to go to the gym and check out how the classes are structured and taught so when I go back home I know what to look for. 
After that, I'm taking my son and daughter in law to dinner.
Tuesday - I plan to leave Ft Worth and Go West My Son - to Possum Kingdom SP. Never been there and want to stay there 2 days. 
Wednesday - at PKSP
Thursday - drive south and stay at Lake Brownwood SP.  Never been there before either. 
Friday - drop like a terd in a well down to my Old Friend - Inks Lake State Park and stay there a night. 
Saturday - drive back home. 
Well - there it is - the Weekly Planner brought to you by your Not so Humble Rogue Road Reporter. 
We'll see how it shapes up but know that change is inevitable in the never ending saga of.....
Discovering America on 2 Wheels

No comments:

Post a Comment