Donations to Discovery

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

So... What's on the Againda for today....

Well my #1 priority is to get my 19 year old daughter up which is about like raising the Titanic remotely since she's over at her mother's house.
But I've deployed my Secret Weapon -
HER MOTHER!
My God - if there's anything on this Earth that can get my daughter woke up and pissed off, it's my ex-wife so I figure I'll watch the fur fly for about an hour from a safe distance - like 3 freaking miles - and then just ride my bike over and get my daughter on her bike while avoiding the pieces of my ex-wife that will be laying on the ground and ride down to Brazosport College with my daughter and get her signed up for some summer classes....
The difference in semester hour cost between the local Brazosport College and Texas State is staggering....
$65/hr at BC vs $300/hr at Texas State so it behooves my daughter (and her parents wallets) to take as many classes at BC as she can.
Which leads me to another Life Lesson....
Sometimes Shit Happens...
And things just don't work out...
In life and in marriage...
And Kids are involved....
And there's potential and opportunity to really muck things up...
And make things miserable for you, your ex and your kids....
Here's a thought....
DON'T!!!!!!!
Throw your ego and your hurt and your anger out the window and act like an adult and a good parent....
And put your KIDS FIRST!
My ex and I did that....
And continue to do that...
And will continue to do that...
And how's that working for you?
A helluva lot better than the alternative!

2 comments:

  1. Verify transferability

    http://www.tccns.org/

    The Texas Common Course Numbering System is a voluntary, co-operative effort among Texas community colleges and universities to facilitate transfer of freshman and sophomore level general academic coursework. TCCNS provides a shared, uniform set of course designations for students and their advisors to use in determining both course equivalency and degree applicability of transfer credit on a statewide basis. When students transfer between two participating TCCNS institutions, a course taken at the sending institution transfers as the course carrying the same TCCNS designation at the receiving institution.

    ReplyDelete