Donations to Discovery

Monday, May 21, 2012

Feeling a little Sick and Disturbed this Morning so....

Why not have some of this with my coffee?

It never ceases to amaze me how I am viewed or perceived by people. 
Some people tell me I am the loudest, most emotive, intimidating MFer they've ever met and yet they're surprised I drink so much coffee, only sleep 5-6 hours a night, do 1200 mile bicycle rides and listen to Korn, Audioslave, Godsmack, Disturbed, AC/DC, etc. 
I made a decision a while back to start down a path that takes me away from the forced conformity that the corporate world and the cookie cutter society herds most of us into and seek a path of personal energy (No - not personal injury!) and independence of thought, action and attitude. 
It means I've had to change my expectations and plans for work, retirement and what my life looks like on a daily basis. 
The bottom line is I decided to DO IT NOW - not when I retire and NOT TO RETIRE but to work as needed to support a lifestyle of Reduced Spending but Increased Activity and Adventure. 
One thing I've never been accused of is Failing to Plan and I have a Plan. 
What I've learned in recent years is to not clutter the Plan with details but Pick a Theme and Direction and Let the Plan Unfold. 
Where does it Go and When does it End?
I have no idea because it has nothing to do with the Destination but everything to do with....
The Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment