Donations to Discovery

Friday, March 27, 2015

You only have to be good at a few things....

Another positive post.... I know... how boring!

Here's the thoughts / concept behind this post.

Society puts a lot of pressure on folks to be well rounded, to be great parents, spouses, students, friends, workers, athletes....

To be courageous, humble, kind, understanding, flexible, steadfast, noble, dependable, fun-loving.....

Yada yada yada.

First of all, it's impossible.... to be good at everything.... or even to be good at many things.

So you're a failure.... right?

Not by a long shot!

Lemme submit a different demand to you....

A different approach....

A doable assignment.....

A mole hill you can climb.

Find something you have a natural talent for.... Something you seem to be good at.

And I'm not talking about soft emotions here - like being nice or forgiving or humble or kind.

I'm talking about skills, vocations, career choices, niches of effort and activity.

Find something to be good at.

No.... not good at..... that you Excel at.

For me.... ironically.... it's Excel worksheets.

I'm no Excel Guru.... but between practical knowledge of how work is planned and executed.... and a reasonable working knowledge of the standard (non-Visual Basic) functions available in Excel.....

Over the past few years, I've been able to make a pretty good living..... doing Excel worksheets.

I'm not good at a lot of things.....

But I like to Cook.... and I cook pretty good tasting healthy food.

I like to workout.... and I'm pretty good at it.

I'm pretty good at Planning.

I like to work on Excel worksheets.

Let's see.... that's 4 things.

Not really sure I'm good at much else.

But then I don't have to be.

And neither do you.

Pick a few things to be good at.

It makes Life easier and happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment