Donations to Discovery

Saturday, March 21, 2015

CrossFit 15.4... I finally did an Rx! The iguana is back! Eating for a Purpose!

The ZiaCrossFit stadium for CrossFit 15.4.

I took a while to warm up and watched Will and a fellow my age named Phil knock out 15.4.


15.4 was a combo of Heavy Cleans with 185# and Handstand Pushups.

Workout 15.4

8-minute AMRAP:
3 handstand push-ups
3 cleans
6 handstand push-ups
3 cleans
handstand push-ups
3 cleans
12 
handstand push-ups
6 cleans
15 
handstand push-ups
6 cleans
18 
handstand push-ups
6 cleans
21 
handstand push-ups
9 cleans
Etc., following same pattern
M 185 lb.  F 125 lb.

Here's the CrossFit standards video:


I had never done a 185# clean and a full handstand pushup (head touch to ground), but I decided to try it.

I surprised myself.... and frankly I think I surprised the small contingent at Zia.... doing the handstand pushups strict with NO KIP....

I ended up getting all the way through the 6 rep set of cleans and got 7/12 of the handstand pushups....

That's 40 reps total.

I don't know the average or standards for a 52 year old man weighing 172#.....

But I was happy with what I did.

Somebody took the iguana off the courtyard door a couple of weeks ago....

And today it reappeared.

Weird....


Beautiful pile of colorful veggies.


With 2 slices of Turkey Bacon and a diced thigh off the Colossal Chicken.

That's the hot cooked portion.


For the cold, raw portion....

Spring Mix with tomato and radishes, balsamic and olive oil and seasoning and topped with fresh blackberries.


Add the 2nd TJ's Turkey / Rice stuffed Bell Pepper and a good portion of the skillet veggies, turkey bacon and chicken thigh.


And for dessert, a small bowl of a dried fruit and nut mix with a couple of squares of milk chocolate with hazelnuts.


Some people Eat to Live....

Some people Live to Eat....

I eat because I love the taste of good quality food well prepared.....

And I want to be....

Bigger..... Stronger..... Leaner..... Faster.....

Healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment