Donations to Discovery

Sunday, March 22, 2015

A Beautiful Day on Atalaya with the Santa Fe Hiking Meet-up Group Part 1

Slept great last night - at least 9 hours - got up this morning with the same stiffness and pain in my left Achilles heel that I have had for the last 6 weeks...

And just decided.....

F it.

I been wanting to go hiking.... I had been signed up with the Santa Fe Hiking Meetup Group for almost 2 weeks and had been getting all these emails for these cool sounding hikes and just decided....

Damn the Achilles Heel.... Full Hike Ahead!

So I called the Meetup Leader, Dave, and confirmed the meetup location....

Packed my hiking gear.... and some food.... cause you know I love to eat when I'm hiking (it's a pain suppressant..... at least that's what I tell myself)....

Rode my bike down to the DeVargas Mall where the meetup started....

Met some of the hiking folks, jumped in Joe's Subaru (front seat) and was quickly at the upper parking lot to begin the hike to the top of Atalaya....

An ascent from 7300' to 9300'.....

So not a leisurely walk or hobble around the Plaza, which is what I had been doing.


So with Ginger steps, I followed the group up the trail....

And an absolutely gorgeous day it was...

And as you can see.... the higher we got....

The more beautiful it was.


Dave kept us going at a good pace but with frequent stops....

And as the morning wore on, my heel actually felt a little better.

Maybe it was just that I was enjoying myself so much with the Scenery and the Wonderful Company and Conversation....


I'll post another round of pics in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment