Donations to Discovery

Monday, March 23, 2015

What are you waiting for..... Death?

Pretty shocking title right?

But believe me, it's not a morbid post at all.

This post is inspired by a conversation I had with a very special lady in my PIYO Strength class at Anytime Fitness.

I'll just call her the Amazing Ms Sue.

First, let me tell you about the Amazing Ms Sue.

Gorgeous Woman.... Long Flowing Hair.... Beautiful, Lean, Graceful Body.... With a classically sculpted face that speaks to you of a life lived well.

I don't know how old the Amazing Ms Sue is because her body and energy and attitude belies her age.

Maybe she's 60, 65, 70... I don't know and it really doesn't matter.

She acts like she's 40.

We've had a few short conversations over the past weeks and it turns out she likes to dance.... I mean real dancing.... Ball Room, Tango.... stuff you actually have to practice and have a natural talent for.

So I got to PIYO early this morning..... like the first time.... ever.

And I had a couple of extra minutes so I turned to the Amazing Ms Sue and asked....

"How was your weekend?"

And she responded.....

"I'm tired..... I danced Friday, Saturday and Sunday night and drank way too much".

I wasn't surprised but responded.... "Well it sounds like you're living the High Life".

And in a moment I will remember for the rest of  my life, the Amazing Ms Sue quipped.....

"Well.... What have I got to lose?"

Her response hit me like the epiphany that it was.

This lady was setting no limits - challenging herself with workouts that are hard for me..... living life in it daily events to its fullest....

Dancing and Drinking and Celebrating.....

I knew she was special....

But this moment humbled me....

And shamed me in a way.

At 52, I sometimes find myself complaining about this or that and losing the passion for the moment that is the present.

And here I am being coached by a lady that I suspect is at least 20 years my elder on the Passion for Living and Life.

So when you look at the Day, the Week, the Year....

the Life Ahead....

Ask yourself.....

What am I waiting for?

What have I got to lose?

For trying something new?  For stretching yourself beyond what you thought you were capable of?

Don't Wait....  Don't Watch....

Jump into the Challenge and Passion of Life.

Discover Your Joy Everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment